Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lip Balm Mania #1: Vintage Sister

I first learned about Vintage Sister lip balms from pinkiecharm on YouTube. (She reviews beauty products, and her videos are so much fun!) She's like the official ambassador for Vintage Sister. Anyway, hearing her talking about how great they were made me want them, too.


And they are great! Look how flippin' cute they are!

When it comes to lip balm, nothing beats the convenience of a twist-up stick. But I've always loved jars, tubs, etc. And I am especially a sucker for old-fashioned tins, which is part of the reason why I liked Rosebud Salve so much. I don't know why, I guess it's the cute packaging. And there's something about making a big production out of the task, langorously running my finger over my lips - it's a ritual, a little bit of "me time." (And a true lip balm addict like me always has backup sticks for those times when our hands might be a little grubby.)


There are a ton of great scents available on the site, including many dessert-based, fruit-based, and even drink-based ones. Each balm has a different cute cartoon of a girl on it. And the old-fashioned sliding tins? Love! I feel like Gidget.


Another great thing about these balms is their scent. Soooo yummy! So far I own six of them: Green Apple, Cookies & Cream, Blue Raspberry, Orange Dream, Cherry Cola, and Blueberry Cheesecake (on sale this month!) Each one smells so delicious. Yes, I went a little bit crazy. But you know what's crazier? I can't wait to order more!


But the best thing about these balms is the texture and how they work. Cute packaging and great scent aside, they really moisturize and protect my lips. The balm is creamy and buttery, but without being goopy and squishy. I'm pretty picky about lip balms, and I wouldn't love these if they only looked and smelled pretty, but didn't perform.


(Hey, Miss Blue Raspberry looks a bit like Jane Lane from Daria!)


And the ingredients seem pretty natural, without a lot of synthetic, chemical stuff. Looks like it's petrolatum-free, too, although they don't make a big deal advertising this fact.


So if you're into cute lip balms, you've got to try these.


Ingredients:
Glycine Soja Oil (soybean oil), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit,Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Natural Additive (as sweetener), Color, Flavor




No comments: